Edmonton Spring

Edmonton is always sunny, even during Winter. That is what I've grown to love about this place. It could be - 30 degrees and yet the sun won't fail to shine down on us. This place does not know how to be gloomy. But the previous weeks have been a little bit crazy around here. There were a few gloomy days. It rained/snowed/hailed a bit. Spring is a very confusing time of the year in this area. It would be completely sunny today and all-of-a-sudden we'd wake up to an inch of snow on the ground.


When it got a bit warmer, I started bringing the kids out again. We'd go to the library, the park or simply just go for a walk around the block. There have days when I shouldn't have brought them out because the weather was just too cold for a "spring" day. But I just had to take them out, the construction in our back yard was driving us insane. And there have been days when the weather was so perfect to bring them out, but we just couldn't get ourselves out the door. The kids caught another stomach flu. And that's the second time we've caught it this year!


But I'm starting to dislike Spring. It's very confusing. Is it going to snow? Is it going to rain? Is it going to be hot? We can predict, but we can't be 100% sure. Hasn't there been a season in your life where you don't know what to expect? Because we're in that season in our life right now. My family and I are in somewhat of a crossroad. We have a lot of choices and we need to make a good decision for our family. We're also not 100% sure of our future right now. 


But there is one thing that I am sure of and it is this: our God is good. 

I don't have to explain anymore than this. He loves us. And I am so blessed to be His. Time and time again, He has proved His faithfulness. There is no reason at all why I should not believe in Him. God is good. As this new season in our life approaches, (cliche as it may sound) snow/rain/hail/sun - I'm going to welcome it with open arms, and maybe dance in the rain a little (unless it's freezing rain, then maybe I'll just dance under my umbrella).

2 comments:

  1. God is Good, Amen. Sending you warm regards from Winnipeg, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete