It's the most hectic time of year

December is here. The year is about to end. I have a million things on my list I have yet to accomplish. I'm panicking a little bit. I admit I'm a little bit of a control-freak. But only because I want things to go the way they should - which is my way, usually.

I just finished folding 4 overflowing baskets of laundry. I still have 1 more basket in the laundry room. I have to finish wrapping up gifts because I need to send them oceans away. I have a birthday to plan by the end of the month. I still have so many other things in the back of my head. But during this wonderful time, we get too busy. We have lists of gifts to buy, food to cook, decorations to prepare, parties to attend, cards to send, etc. This Christmas I want to learn to slow down. I want to linger a little bit longer. Two years ago, I didn't know I'll have a house full of super heroes that smells like cookies. I don't know how long that'll last. But I'm not going to miss anything.



We bought Super Zaki some new pjs. He outgrew his older ones. They were torn on the crotch and toes. We got him these super cute captain america ones from Disney store. Original price was $18 but we got them for $11 each. We bought 3 different ones.


He got up on this high chair by himself and couldn't get off. He was asking for my help here while silly mommy snaps away.


The alphabet canvas is a DIY project I made. I'll post a tutorial for that soon. We had extra alphabets, so we played with it a little bit.


I was in the mood to practice my baking skills. Yes, I have baking skills. I used these little wooden alphabet to distract Super Zaki while I whipped up some white chocolate chip oreo cookies.




And over here, I have my second assistant - who was busy with some bowls and a spatula.


And the finished product - a bit too sweet for my taste.

I'm enjoying my days with these little ones - baking cookies and playing pretend. I don't think this phase lasts very long. And I'm not going to miss a thing. I should slow down more often. That day was fun. Thanks for the reminder, Hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment