A Mother's version of The Lord is my Shepherd

I'm going to humour all you mamas this morning just because it's Monday again. I adapted this little passage from Psalms 23. Not everyone might understand but I want to shed some light on parents of very young children. Because getting upset at them is useless, so this is how I laugh at myself when I'm sleep-deprived and covered in spit-up and poop as early as six o'clock in the morning.





A (very sleepy & tired) Mother's version of The Lord is my Shepherd

The Lord is my shepherd; mommy shall not want.
He makes me lie down on the bedroom floor because both my kids have somehow occupied our entire bed.
He leads me beside my cup of coffee.
He restores my very sleepy soul.
He leads me in paths of uninterrupted sleep for His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of messy floors,
I will fear no dirty diaper, for You are with me;
That Seasame street show and those Mega blocks, they comfort me.
You prepare some "me time" for mommy in the presence of whoever can help watch the kids;
You anoint my head with patience; specially when my laundry overflows.
Hopefully fatigue and dirty diapers shall stop following me all the days of my life,
And I can't wait for them to grow up and leave for college forever.


(Psalm 23:1-6 ESV)


Have a happy Monday, everyone! Hopefully, I will too, at least before my Monday ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment