The blessing to be healthy

Over the week, I was down with a terrible cold. Having baby #2 on the way, I couldn't take my regular cold & flu medicine. I tried downing as much vitamin C as I could. But I started to develop some terrible chest pain with difficulty breathing. It turns out my chest was congested. I had to take some sort of medicine, and so I did. A few days passed and I feel human again.

Which led me to think, God has been so gracious to me. He doesn't let me get sick as often as I thought I would (knowing my not-so-healthy eating habits/lifestyle). Growing up to such warm climate, my tropical body isn't used to weather like this. But God has been so good to me. I shouldn't take advantage of that. Health is definitely wealth. I know you've heard it all too many times, but if you are young and able to do great things for the Lord, then do so. Make use of your energy for good things. Make use of your strength for good things. Make use of your health for good things. Not everyone is blessed to be as well as you. 

The bible tells us to take care of our bodies because it is the temple of the Lord. I think I need to put this into practice. I haven't been eating healthy, or taking my vitamins like my doctors told me. With this in mind, I will try to practice a healthier lifestyle. By the grace of God, I will be healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment