Homesick

When they said it'll be a big change moving to another country, I thought they just meant I'll be jet-lagged. And I did pretty well being jet-lagged. I feed a 6-month old every 4 hours so waking up every 4 hours is no big deal. They said the weather would be a drastic change. I agree. But we're doing quite well adjusting to that either. What I didn't realize was the change they meant would be being homesick. I miss the people that used to surround me. I miss my parents. I miss my friends. I miss being able to see them anytime I wanted to. Don't get me wrong. I love it here! I have family here too! But there is a difference and I'm missing that a little bit.

Starting a new life in a new place should be fun. You get to be whoever you want to be. You meet new people. You make new friends. You start from scratch but it's worth it. It's a clean slate. Well, atleast that's what I thought. It's been almost 2 months since I've moved here, but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing anymore. I gotta figure out my next step. I'm a little bit stuck. I'm still trying to figure out everything - from working the washer to the coffee machine to getting some paper work done.

I'm also not quite handling my "job" very well. As a full time housewife, I expect myself to do a lot of cleaning, cooking, taking care of the baby and all that. I complain a lot about how my husband gets a life outside the house and I don't. Well, I know better. And I know this is just for now. I'm just a little bit sad being homesick and all. And I shouldn't even complain.

“If it falls to your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures. Sweep streets like Beethoven composed music. Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

So if my duty is to take care of my house, I want to have the best attitude while doing it. I wanna do my best at it. It's not easy. It's not fun. And I sure would love to have some time for myself. But with every dish I wash, and diapers I change - I wanna do it with all my heart, all my soul and all my strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment