Embracing the truth

I'm torn between celebrating with eggs or with the cross. I don't understand how celebrating Easter requires eggs, bunnies and lots of chocolates, but then again Christmas requires Santa Claus and lots of gifts. The world has a funny way of making tradition less and less significant to what we should really be celebrating. But please don't get me wrong, I don't want my kids to miss out on Easter egg hunts and such. I just want my children to grow up knowing the truth. And not just know it, but to embrace it.

To embrace the truth of His love for us - that long ago, our Father sent His son to willingly go through death for us. I don't think I can think of anyone willing to do that for me. I don't know if I can even do that for anyone. But this man knew me. He knew how selfish I'd be. He knows everything about me. But He still decided to suffer for me. I can never ever wrap my head around this truth. This kind of truth is so full of grace that you can drown in it. This is why we should celebrate Easter. I hope to remember this truth even when it's not Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment